Safety is always of the highest priority at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver
Club. Each member must attend an extensive orientation and range safety
training before being given the status as an RSO. Members of the public are given a fundamental
safety briefing and are supervised by trained Range Officers when shooting
at the Range.
All who participate in firearms related activities, whether at our
ranges or elsewhere, must abide
by the following:
4 COMMANDMENTS of Firearms Safety
- Treat all firearms as though they are always loaded.
- Never allow the muzzle to point at anything you are not willing
- Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until your
sights are on target and you are ready to fire.
- Be sure you have an acceptable target, know its surroundings, and what
Please note: These are NOT 4 "suggestions"!
Just for Kids
The Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club highly recommends the NRA's Eddie
Eagle program for teaching firearms safety to young children.
Eddie Eagles message to children is simple and effective: If you see
a gun - STOP! Don't Touch! Leave the area! Tell an adult!
For more information on Eddie Eagle,
click here. To download
the Eddie Eagle Fact Sheet,
KRRC Range Etiquette Policies
Here are some of the basic etiquette considerations regarding use of the KRRC
facilities. If anyone witnesses a violation of any one of these rules, you
MUST speak up to correct the issue.
- Safe and respectful behavior at the range is EVERYONE's
- All members and non-members alike are responsible for enforcing
the 4 COMMANDMENTS of Firearms Safety. At ALL times.
- Everyone must be treated with respect, keeping in mind that we
have a family facility and adhere to time treasured standards of
civil speech and treatment of others.
- Any and all safety or behavioral concerns, whatever the issue or
cause, MUST be rectified and/or reported immediately.
- Please clean up after yourself and your guests. Spent
cartridge casings, used targets, ammo boxes, and the like, need to be removed
from the lines and placed in the proper recycling bucket or trash can
- When you need a COLD line, CLEAR your own firearms, make sure everyone
is in agreement, and wait for everyone on the line to CLEAR their firearms
before declaring the range COLD.
- When a range has been declared COLD, DO NOT HANDLE FIREARMS at all,
for any reason!
- Generally, only pistols can be used on the pistol line with the ONLY
exception being rifles chambered in 22LR ammunition. Shotguns and centerfire
rifles are not allowed on the pistol line.
- Guest Policy - A regular member's guest, who have NEVER been to
KRRC before, is allowed
to shoot free of financial support on their first visit with the
sponsoring member only. After shooting at the
range once, they will need to become a member or make a $15+ donation
per visit. Abuse of this privilege will result in sanctions, which
may result in loss of gate access, or even permanent loss of
- Members may bring their spouse and any children/grandchildren who are
17 year of age and under, at no charge.
- An RSO must be present anytime shooting takes place on KRRC
- Anyone who brings a guest to the Range is responsible for directly
supervising them at all times when they are on the Range.
- No one is allowed to shoot exotic targets (steel, etc) at the Range
unless they receive prior approval by the Executive Officer.
- The only people who are allowed to shoot in the Action Shooting bays are KRRC
members who have completed the KRRC/USPSA Safety Course and received a KRRC-issued
USPSA safety card, or those participating in a club sponsored event.
- Everyone who shoots at the Range must sign in prior to using the Range facilities.
These are a few of the basic policy and safety rules for the KRRC
Range. Above all, every user must follow the "4 COMMANDMENTS of Firearms Safety"
These rules are in place, not to limit your shooting at the Range, but
to enhance your experience by providing the safest, most orderly and efficient
Range environment possible.
The safety of our members, guests and the surrounding community is our top priority at the Kitsap
Rifle and Revolver Club!