For Sport and National Defense...
Not just a cute catch-phrase, this motto has been with Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club since Day 1, Armistice Day, November 11, 1926.
KRRC was leased land by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources. The founding members of the Club wanted a place to commemorate "the war to end all wars." Local members formed teams and competed against Navy and Marine Corp shooting teams.
The rolling hills and fir trees of Western Kitsap County, combined with moderate temperatures year-round, are the perfect place to practice shooting. Many folks think that we were gifted land by the nearby Navy facility Camp Wesley Harris—but the opposite is true. The Navy obtained that land from Washington from what one old photo shows was the "Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club Range Preservation."
Since its inception, KRRC has maintained a long, proven, safe history of conducting military firearms training for active duty and civilians alike.